Sunday, March 1, 2009

Be Careful and take a tripod!


This is not one of the best shots I have ever taken. It could have been but I did not have a tripod. It does however, have a funny story. I saw this beautiful sunset one evening. I grabbed my camera, jumped in my jeep and headed down the road looking for a place to get a great shot. I saw this pasture a couple of miles from my home and pulled down a side road and overto the shoulder of the road. I took the shot at ISO 800, f/5.6, Shutter speed 1/15. Obviously, the shutter speed was too slow for hand held, but since I did not grab my tripod, I thought I would try it anyway. I tried to use a fence post to steady my hand. I was so engrossed in getting the shot, I failed to pay attention to my surroundings and I leaned right into an electric fence. OUCH! It really hurt. And I did get the shot. At small size it looks okay. I love the silhouette of the lone tree and the cows. The colors are amazing and this is straight from the camera. No Photo shop editing on this one. But next time I see a great sunset, I will grab my camera and MY TRIPOD! And I will watch out for electric fences.

No comments: