Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Freedom is never free

I took this shot at Topsail Beach in NC. I got up early one morning and headed down the beach to get some shots of the sunrise. As I was headed back I heard a loud sound coming from the intracoastal waterway out into the ocean. I turned to see two army barges headed toward a ship just off the coast. It gave me a shiver as it made me think of the pictures I have seen from the storming of the beach at Normandy on D-Day during World War II. As we approach Independence Day I want to thank God that I live in a country where I can grab a shot of an army barge and not have to run for cover or be worried what this might mean. And I am thankful for the men and women who serve each day to make sure I have those freedoms and privileges. Happy Fourth of July Week.

No comments: